Email [email protected] with your questions.
In this tutorial we walk you through the basic user interface of Adventist Media Exchange.
The basic search panel in Adventist Media Exchange will help you find the photos you need.
Take advantage of the advanced search functionality in Adventist Media Exchange.
Collections is a very useful tool in Adventist Media Exchange. Learn how to use collections effectively.
Uploading files to Adventist Media Exchange is easy. This tutorial shows you how.
Upload first, then set metadata
- Click the "Upload" button in top right corner of AME.
- Drag photos from your file system onto the upload window.
- Optional: Open the Upload options, if you want to make use of these.
- Do not import embedded EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata: Not recommended. Any metadata you have already written in the file by a third party application, will not be imported.
- Relate All Resources on Upload: All photos in the uploaded batch will show up as a related photo in searches, even if the other metadata would not return the photo in a search. Helpful if you are uploading a series of images.
- Add to Collection: You may also give the photos to be uploaded a collection name. You do not have to do that. Every batch you upload will automatically be added to a collection with a date and time as its name.
- Click Start Upload
Once you have uploaded your photos, you have to add the necessary metadata in order to find the photo in searches. This is done in the Refine metadata screen.
Each field on this screen has a lock icon beside it. Once locked, it will keep that value for EVERY asset in that upload.
- Photo: Default. Requires setting an Organizational Unit in the metadata for your uploaded photo or asset.
- Concept Photo: Select if the subject matter of your photo is not directly associated with events and places in a church entity.
- Creative Assets: This is for things like logos, asset files, etc.
As far as possible enter a description of what the subject matter of the image is. Try to include the following:
Who: Name, title, employing organization (naming people in the photo increases the value of the photo for future use)
What: What is the event, or occasion?
Where: Where is the action taking place? Name of church, entity, city, country.
When: Give a date, for example, Sunday, April 18, 2021.
This metadata field is very important for being able to search for and find the photo at a later stage. Without adequate metadata, it is unlikely that you or anyone else will be able to find the photo.
This field will usually read information from your camera. If that has not happened, you will have to enter a data. If you need to enter a data manually, you should lock the field.
Click the Show/hide tree option to open up a list of all divisions, unions and conferences/missions within the Seventh-day Adventist Church. By clicking the arrow to the left of the name of an entity, the next level opens up. By clicking the check box next to the relevant conference, the entities above will automatically be selected.
Remember to lock this field if all your photos in the batch is from the same organizational entity. If you do not lock the value, you will have to select new values for every photo in the upload batch.
Check the Public option here unless you have a very good reason to limit access to a particular usergroup you belong to.
The keywords field is used for generic terms. No names in this field.
Try to think what is in the photo in addition to the obvious and central subject. You may enter any number of keywords.
As you write, keywords already in the system will appear. Choose from the list. You may also create a new keyword. To do that choose the Create new entry for… option which will appear in a box under the new word. Please make sure your spelling is correct before you create a new keyword entry. Do not use upper case/capitals/majuscule letters, even if there are keyword with initial capital letters in the system.
The check boxes for Key Staff and Institution should only be checked if you post a formal portrait of an employee or a photo where an official Seventh-day Adventist institution is the main subject of the photo.
Leave this field empty.
Creator / Photographer
Enter the name of the photographer.
Credit / Organization
Usually this field is left empty, but if you need to identify a particular organization to be named in the photo credit, this name should be entered here.
If you have locked certain values in the metadatafields, you will be given two options for saving:
- Save and next will only save metadata to the current file.
- Save all with locked values will save the locked values to all photos in the batch, if the system reads metadata already written to the files by third party applications, those data will be written to the individual files.
You will get an error message if there are required fields that do not have metadata, either because you forgot to enter data in that field, or you forgot to lock the necessary fields.
Your files should show up immediately in the My contributions – active section. You should also be able to see them if you click the Recent option right above all thumbnails.